Quantity Surveying - Professional Construction Industry Services
2005 - 2006 Inter Continental Hotel Park Lane(UK) - £ 20 Million
From October 2005 to September 2006, I was hired by BECK Interiors Ltd as the Project/Senior QS for a contract to refurbish all the public areas as well as the Spa and Gym areas of the Intercontinental Hotel on Park Lane, London.
The original project value was just under £15 Million but as a result of various changes and variations, the final contract value was concluded at £20 Million.
Throughout the period I was solely responsible for:
- Issuing of all variation order costs
- Issuing of payment applications to the client on the basis of work progress
- All communications with the client QS team
- Budget analysis
- Contract evaluation for risk analysis and dispute resolutions (both main contract and sub-contracts and both prior to as well as after tender approval stages)
- Financial forecasts
- Reporting to the board of directors at any/all stages of the project as required
Immediately after this project I was then asked to take over the Senior QS position for another of BECK's projects, the refurbishment of the Grosvenor House Hotel, also on Park Lane.
(c) All content of this web-site is copyrighted by G. Filotto 2010 to present day